PEAK Adventure Group is a JV project of TUI and Intrepid Travel. We have more than 20 years excellent operation experiences in travel industry.
We wanted to share some of the special places we knew and introduce our travellers to different cultures and ways of life.
We wanted to develop a style of travel that was all together different, where as travellers we became a part of country - and not just tourists looking in. We wanted to have fun, meet people, learn things, explore, and do stuff we could never do at home. We wanted to travel by anything and everything, and stay anywhere and everywhere! We wanted to be intrepid!
Today Intrepid has over 600 staff, over 400 different trips, over 90 different destinations and many different styles of travel.
For further information about us please check www.intrepidtravel.com and www.peakadventuretravel.com
Now we are looking someone to join our Beijing Family……
Position: Purchasing & Reservation Manager
Reports to: General Manager
To manage and further develop the PEAK Beijing Purchasing & Reservations Department. The P&R Manager has primary accountability for developing effective purchasing systems, managing and improving trip profitability, contracting suppliers and improving supplier service, supporting Operations and other departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in purchasing, pricing, sourcing suppliers and contract management in travel industry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience managing staff and leading a team
- Ability to communicate in both Mandarin and English
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees would be an advantage
- Chinese Nationality is perfered
This is a contracted role with a fixed monthly salary. The remuneration package does not involve commissions.
OTSKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Understanding of local Travel Industry
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to destinations within China and Hong Kong
- Business development and/or financial analysis skills preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a variety of cultures
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and foster teamwork
- Willing to work long hours and under pressure
- Strong decision making skills involving consulting others as required
- Ability to drive and manage continuous improvement and change
- Demonstrating high standards of customer service
- Confident and professional communication skills
- Can work independently and with a team
- Friendly and flexible
- Devoted and honest
- A sense of humor and a smile!